Health knows no boundaries – Let’s seek what unites us.
Held under the auspices of the City of Prague
The members of the platform establish a common united information space and service for all CAM branches to the patients’ benefit and their free holistic approach to health with the aim:
- to establish an equal approach and mutual respect between the academic and CAM branches, especially by the creation of a safe space for mutual communication
- to create programmes of prevention and the sustainable growth of healthcare by decreasing its costs, e.g. according to the recommendations of WHO, WHA, the Council of Europe, the European Commission, the European Parliament, NATO (see the appendix) including developing countries
- to support and get involved in the projects of WHO, WHA, the Council of Europe, the European Commission, the European Parliament, national initiatives and others whose aim is the sustainable growth of our planet
- to help towards better knowledgeability of national governments and the European Parliament in the area of holistic treatment
The Platform establishes these sections to achieve the above-mentioned aims:
I PUBLIC RELATIONS SECTION – especially relations with healthcare professionals, the media and patients with the aim to bring the public objective, verified information on the situation in CAM. Therefore, these steps will be taken, besides others:
1) The members of the platform will place their press release - articles, TV shots and others here so that the platform can better coordinate its activities.
2) A database of the media and organizations acting in favour of CAM will be formed in sake of the common progress.
3) A union of patients interested in CAM will be established in a special regime so that a possible support for the branches within the CAM 2020 Prague PLATFORM is gained.
4) A list of organized events - congresses, workshops, courses, etc. will be released here.
II LEGISLATIVE SECTION will cover this information:
1) Resolutions of international and national institutions on CAM.
2) The current state of laws in the particular countries.
3) The ongoing actions in the area of law taken by the CAM 2020 PRAGUE PLATFORM including potential petitions, etc.
4) The currently achieved results in Parliaments and Health Ministries.
III SCIENCE AND RESEARCH SECTION will contain especially:
1) The database of the finalized and ongoing research, including the information from PubMed, Cochrane and others.
2) The list of institutions conducting research in the area of CAM.
3) The planned research goals.
4) The database of scientific publication activity.
IV LIBRARIES SECTION will cover:
1) Publications organized according to their branches and CAM press release.
2) The information from the areas of law, legislation and science.
3) The information describing the organization and evaluation of research.
4) The records of CAM patients’ treatment results.
5) The published opinions of the CAM opponents organized according to the particular branches and the responses of their representatives and potentially the whole Platform to the criticism.
V ORGANIZATION SECTION will contain:
1) The platform website for its members and the public.
2) The list of the members of the CAM 2020 Prague Platform.
3) Invitations to common actions.
4) Space for announcements to other members and for discussion.
5) An open bank account to all members for voluntary contributions to finance service activities. The financial resources can be only released after the members’ agreement. All members will have access to them – a matter of trust.
6) All members can place information into their branch register always stating its source and a guarantee of correctness.
COMMON UNITED ACTIONS WILL ALWAYS ENABLE US TO GAIN MORE THAN A SEEMINGLY PROFITABLE IMMEDIATE BENEFIT WHICH IS EASILY AVAILABLE.
“CARING ABOUT THE HAPPINESS OF OTHERS, WE FIND OUR OWN.” (PLATO)